Apply for a CAAA Leadership Scholarship
How to Apply
After reviewing the required criteria for applicants, please fill out the online application and submit any additional documents required.
The Cal Aggie Alumni Association can help you pay for college. Students entering UC Davis as freshmen or transfers from California, Oregon or Washington may be eligible to receive achievement scholarships as determined by their local alumni committee. Award amounts range from $1,000 to $4,000. Top choice candidates from each region may also be nominated for the $10,000 Blue and Gold Leadership Scholarship ($5,000 disbursed over two years).
CAAA has been giving out scholarships to UC Davis students since 1934. Alumni from each of 28 regions review the scholarship essays, interview candidates and select the finalists. Each year CAAA awards over $50,000 to students in each of these regions.
Criteria for Applicants
Before submitting an application, please review the following criteria to ensure that you are eligible to apply for this scholarship:
- Freshmen—minimum GPA of 3.5 (UC GPA)
- Transfers—minimum GPA of 3.25 (transferable coursework)
- Applicant plans to enter UC Davis for Fall 2017 from a high school or community college in California, Oregon or Washington (please note transfers from another UC or CSU are not eligible).
- Applicant demonstrates leadership in extracurricular activities, community activities, employment, or personal situations (Thoroughly complete Section V of the UC application).
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen/permanent resident (*USC/LPR/or AB 540 eligible)
- If selected for an interview, applicant must be available on date set by local alumni committee.
- Applicant must have been admitted and returned their Student Intent to Register (SIR) by interview date.
How to Apply
- Fill out the personal information in the online application
- Write a one page essay addressing the following topic: Share one experience in which your leadership made a difference. What did you learn about yourself, and how might it impact your future?
- Save the essay as a word processing document. Do not type your essay directly into the space provided.
- Copy your essay from your word processing document and paste it into the field provided in the online application. Do not worry about spacing, it will just be entered as plain text.
- Submit the application you have just completed.
- Please note, no letters of reference are needed, if they are received they will not be reviewed.
Please note the deadline for submission for the 2017-2018 academic year is 11:59 p.m. on May 1, 2017.
For more information about financial aid and a list of outside agencies and their scholarship opportunities please visit:
UC Davis Admissions http://admissions.ucdavis.edu/cost/financial_aid.cfm or http://financialaid.ucdavis.edu/scholarships/index.html
Donate to Scholarships
Financial support is crucial in order to keep awarding these scholarships. Your contributions make a huge difference in helping ease students’ financial burdens. If you would like to help support our leadership scholarships, please visit our giving site or donate to your region today.
Serve on Our Scholarship Committee
Are you interested in helping distribute these scholarships to deserving students? Consider serving on our scholarship committee. Please contact Jamie Dixon '05 for more information on reviewing applications in your region.