Stroll down Centennial Walk
The Centennial Walk is a 450-foot long concrete walkway separating East and West Quad. The path dates back to around 1915, as a mere dirt path connecting the West Hall dormitory (where the Memorial Union is today) and a classroom building (site of Shields Library). In the 1930s, the path was converted to concrete and turf and trees were added to create the Quad. Construction began in summer 2008 to revamp the path, including doubling the width to twelve feet and adding a circle feature to the Quad’s center. The walk was unveiled on October 15, 2008 during the university’s Centennial Fall Festival, commemorating the 1908-09 term when students first lived on campus.