Parent and Family Council
The Parent and Family Council is a network of parent and family member volunteers who are committed to improving the quality of the university experience for all UC Davis families and who work with UC Davis administrators to promote and advance the mission of the university.
The council welcomes your questions, feedback and suggestions. View the map below to find a council member near you.
- Facilitate communication and represent the interests of Aggie parents by sharing their opinions, concerns and feedback with University representatives. Increase parent engagement at university-sponsored campus and regional events
- Discuss issues impacting the student experience at UC Davis and make unified recommendations as needed to Parent and Family Programs
- Attend at least two meetings per academic year, one in conjunction with Parent & Family Weekend (fall quarter) and one in conjunction with Picnic Day (spring quarter)
- Promote the mission and activities of UC Davis among personal and professional contacts and networks
- Participate in volunteer opportunities and serve as UC Davis ambassadors throughout the year: Orientations and Aggie Welcomes, Move-In Day, Parent and Family Weekend, Picnic Day and regional events
- Welcome new parents in your geographic area
- Assist with regional parent receptions and admitted student events
- Assist and advise the university in strategies to engage parents in important volunteer roles
- Council members are encouraged, but not required, to make an annual gift to UC Davis
- Encourage other parents to donate and/or volunteer
- Make follow-up calls to thank parents for their contributions to the Parents Fund
- Council members serve a two-year term of service, with the option of a second two-year term
Applications are accepted each fall. Applicants must be a member of the Aggie Parent and Family Association and applications must be submitted by noon on the last day of January each year.