This event has passed, but you can still participate. Please use the links below to make your own pizza at home!
Join us for a fun virtual night from your own kitchen. We will be joined by alum from the UC Davis Food Science and Technology Program to learn about the chemistry behind the cooking as we watch a live cooking demo and attempt to make our own meals from home. We will also share cooking tips throughout the night.
The shopping list for the cooking night is below. Access a downloadable version to print and bring to the grocery store here. Cooking instructions can be found here.
Date: September 16th
Time: 5:30pm PT
Main - Pizza: makes approximately 6-8 servings
- Pre-made pizza dough, 1 lb.
- Pizza Sauce (one 14-16 oz. jar) or Crushed Tomatoes (one 25-28 oz. jar) (whichever you prefer)
- Olive Oil, 2 Tbsp.
- Recommended Toppings (feel free to choose your own)
- Vegetarian: Fresh Basil Leaves, 0.66 oz. or 10 leaves and Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, one 6-8 oz. bag
- Meat: Sliced Pepperoni, 4 oz. and Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, one 6-8 oz. bag
Side - Salad
- Spring Mix or your preferred greens, 1-0.5 oz. bag
- Olive Oil OR Vegetable Oil, 3 Tbsp.
- Balsamic Vinegar, 1 Tbsp.
- Salt, 1/4 tsp.
- Ground Pepper, 1/4 tsp
Dessert - Cookies: makes approximately 24-30 cookies
- All-purpose Flour, 2.5 cups
- Baking Soda, 3/4 tsp
- Butter, 1.5 sticks or 3/4 cups
- Chocolate Chips, 1.5 cups from 12 oz weight bag
- Dark Brown Sugar, 3/4 cup
- Eggs, 2
- Granulated Sugar, 3/4 cups
- Vanilla Extract, 1 tsp
- Salt, 1 tsp
- 1 apron (optional, but recommended)
- 3 Baking Sheets
- Aluminum Foil/Parchment Paper enough to line baking sheets
- Cooking Spray
- 2 Medium-Mixing Bowls (for cookies)
- 2 Spatulas
- 2 Spoons: 1 for Tomato Sauce and 1 for Cookie Dough (ice cream scoop is ok)
- ¼ measuring cup
- ½ measuring cup OR 1 measuring cup
- 1 tsp measuring spoon
- ¼ tsp measuring spoon
- 1 Brush (optional to spread oil on pizza)
- 1 Can Opener
- 1 Hand Mixer or Whisk
- 1 Pair of Kitchen Scissors
- 1 Pair of Tongs
- 1 Small Mixing Bowl (for salad dressing)
- 1 Rolling pin or close alternative
- 1 Pizza Cutter or Bread Knife