NAAA was established to bring together Native American alumni of the University of California, Davis and provide an opportunity for graduates to maintain a rewarding and continuing relationship with the university that furthers the achievements of Native Americans in higher education. NAAA is dedicated to serving the needs of the Native American community. NAAA exists to support, advocate, promote, and foster the academic, social, professional, and developmental interests of UC Davis’ Native American community, both past and present.
To achieve this, NAAA will focus on, but not limit itself to the following:
- Promote and facilitate the interests and activities of Native American alumni
- Facilitate communication between NAAA, the University, and Cal Aggie Alumni Association, including other special interest alumni groups.
- Encourage current and former students to achieve their educational pursuits
- Provide support to current students through mentorship and professional development opportunities
- Cultivate relationships between alumni and students for lifelong enrichment
- Contribute to recruitment, retention, and campus climate efforts aimed at Native American students, faculty, and staff
- Co-Chair External: Pamela Pretell '14
- Co-Chair Internal: Hailey Ferroni '12
- Member Relations Officer: Fabian Iglesias '15
- Network Leader: Kealani Beltran ‘18
- Network Leader: Lindsey Balidoy ‘19
CAAA Liaison: Paul David Terry '01