UC Davis Parent Ambassadors
UC Davis Parent Ambassadors is a unique group of committed and community-minded Aggie Parent and Family Association members who volunteer their time to the UC Davis community.
Volunteering allows parents and family members to learn more about UC Davis and connect with other members of the Aggie Family. We welcome your participation at the level of volunteerism that works for you and your schedule — whether it is helping at one event per year or leading numerous on or off-campus projects.
To be a UC Davis Parent Ambassador, you must be a member of the Aggie Parent and Family Association.
Not a member? Join online or by calling 530-752-0286.
Volunteer opportunities include helping with event set up and clean up, hospitality, registration, participating on a parent panel, making congratulatory phone calls to parents of admitted students, or even hosting a regional event such as Coffee Talks or student send off events. Sharing your impression of UC Davis, campus resources and your student's experiences is invaluable to prospective UC Davis parents.
Parent and Family Programs annual events could include:
- Parent Orientations (summer, on campus)
- Student Send-Offs (summer, regional & on campus)
- Move-In Weekend (September, on campus)
- Parent and Family Weekend (late October or early November, on campus)
- Winter Parent and Family Weekend (February, on campus)
- Coffee Talks (March, regional)
- Admitted Students send-offs (August)
- Picnic Day (April, on campus)
- Decision Days (April-May, on campus)
There is no set time commitment for volunteering. You can participate for as long or as much as you decide.
Parent and Family Council
Council members contribute by engaging with the university in numerous ways such as:
- Facilitate communication and representing the interests of Aggie parents by sharing their opinions, concerns and feedback with university representatives. Increase parent engagement at university-sponsored campus and regional events.
- Discuss issues impacting the student experience at UC Davis and make unified recommendations as needed to Parent and Family Programs.
- Attend at least two meetings per academic year, one in conjunction with Parent & Family Weekend (fall quarter) and one in conjunction with Picnic Day (spring quarter).
- Promote the mission and activities of UC Davis among personal and professional contacts and networks.
- Participate in volunteer opportunities and serve as UC Davis ambassadors throughout the year, including at Orientations and UC Davis Student Send Off events, Move-In Day, Parent and Family Weekend, Picnic Day and other regional events.
- Welcome new parents in your geographic area.
- Assist with regional parent receptions and admitted student events.
- Assist and advise the university in strategies to engage parents in important volunteer roles.
- Council members are strongly encouraged, but not required, to make an annual gift to UC Davis.
- Council members are asked to encourage other parents to volunteer.
- Make follow-up calls to thank parents for their contributions to the Parents Fund.
- Serve a two-year term of service, with the option of a second two-year term.
Applications are accepted each fall. Applicants must be a member of the Aggie Parent and Family Association, and applications must be submitted during January each year (the date will be communicated in advance).
Want to get involved?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 530-752-0286