The Parent Council, a sect of the UC Davis Parent and Family Program, fundraises to award a scholarship in honor of the Aggie Parent and Family Association. They are committed to improving the quality of the university experience for the entire UC Davis community. Second, third or fourth year students are welcome to apply for this one-
Before submitting an application, please review the following criteria to make sure that you are eligible to apply for this scholarship:
- Full-time second, third, or fourth year undergraduate student (is open to seniors – must be graduating in fall 2019 or later). Full-time is defined as a student enrolled with at least 12 units.
- Must have a GPA of 3.25 or above.
- Must be a U.S. citizen/permanent resident (*USC/LPR or AB 540 eligible).
- Must have a parent/guardian be a current paid-dues member of the Aggie Parent and Family Association (APFA) or the student must be an active dues paying member of the Student Alumni Association (SAA).
- Applicants must demonstrate leadership in extracurricular activities.
- Students must include copy/paste a text version of their resume into their application.
- In a word processing document, type and edit your written response to the essay question below. Tell us about activities and/or organizations in which you have participated in a leadership role, to improve the quality of your university experience and the university experience of all students and families. We are interested in student clubs, organizations, fraternal organizations, sports, politics, hobbies, publications, employment, work-study or internship programs, travel, community service, etc., in which you have participated. Using one or two examples, please describe in 250-500 words (approx. 2000 characters).
- Save the essay. Make sure to make all of your edits in this document, no changes to your essay can be made once it is uploaded to the application system.
- Update a text only version of your resume in a separate document.
- Complete the online application here. You will be asked to copy and paste your essay and resume into the application.
- Deadline for the 2019-2020 application is Tuesday, January 21, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. (PST). No late applications will be accepted after this time.
- Students who move forward in the scholarship process will be interviewed by the scholarship committee.
- $1,000 Scholarship will be given for the Spring 2020 quarter.
If you have questions regarding this scholarship, contact email@example.com.