Students entering UC Davis as freshmen or transfer students may be eligible to receive achievement scholarships. Award amounts range from $1,000 to $4,000. Top choice candidates may also be considered for the $10,000 Blue and Gold Leadership Scholarship ($5,000 disbursed over two years).
Cal Aggie Alumni Association (CAAA), the official Alumni Association of UC Davis graduates and former students, has awarded scholarships to UC Davis students since 1934. UC Davis Alumni and staff review the scholarship essays and select the finalists. Each year, CAAA awards more than $100,000 to students through this scholarship process.
Before submitting an application, please review the following criteria to ensure that you are eligible to apply for this scholarship:
- First year — minimum GPA of 3.5 (UC GPA)
- Transfer student — minimum GPA of 3.25 (transferable coursework)
- Applicant plans to enter UC Davis for Fall 2021 from a high school or community college (transfers from UC or CSU are not eligible).
- Applicant demonstrates leadership in extracurricular activities, community activities, employment or personal situations.
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen/permanent resident (*USC/LPR/or AB 540 eligible)
- Applicant must be admitted and must return their Student Intent to Register (SIR) before submitting their online application.
Please fill out the Cal Aggie Alumni Award application at https://ucdavis.academicworks.com/ by June 4, 2021. Note, Applicant must be admitted and must return their Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) before submitting their online CAAA award application. In order to complete the CAAA award application, please follow these steps:
- Follow the link and sign in using your UC Davis log in and passphrase.
- You will need to set up a UC Davis login ID and password, and you will need to know your UC Davis ID number in order to create a login. Your UC Davis Student ID was included in the email that Undergraduate Admissions sent to you acknowledging the receipt of your fall 2021 application. The acknowledgement was sent to the email address provided on your UC application. If you have already created a login ID and cannot remember it, please contact IET Express.
- The online application is protected by DUO, UC Davis’s Multi-Factor Authentication system. You can enroll in DUO once you have submitted your statement of intent to register. Once you have enrolled in DUO, you will be able to submit your application.
- You will be directed to the General Application asking you to certify your name and that you are an undergraduate.
- Once the General Application has been submitted, you will have access to the Cal Aggie Alumni Award application.
- On the Cal Aggie Alumni Award application, you will be asked to answer the following question; there is a 500 word count limit to your answer within the application:
- Leadership is a relational process of people working together to accomplish change or to make a difference that will benefit the common good (Komives, 1998). It is not only about being in charge, being an authority, or being on the top. At UC Davis, we recognize that leadership can come in different forms and can be seen in all aspects of life whether that is through participation in community service, extracurriculars, student government, collaborating with teams, employment, or through being a thought leader…the possibilities are endless. What makes you a leader? Write a one page essay describing the three most important leadership characteristics that you possess. Provide examples of how you personally demonstrated these leadership characteristics.
- Submit your application by June 4, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. PST.
For questions or further information about this scholarship, please email the Cal Aggie Alumni Association or call 530-752-0286.