Students entering UC Davis as freshmen or transfer students from California, Oregon or Washington may be eligible to receive achievement scholarships as determined by their local alumni committee. Award amounts range from $1,000 to $4,000. Top choice candidates from each region may also be nominated for the $10,000 Blue and Gold Leadership Scholarship ($5,000 disbursed over two years).
CAAA has awarded scholarships to UC Davis students since 1934. Alumni from each of 28 regions review the scholarship essays, interview candidates and select the finalists. Each year CAAA awards over $50,000 to students in these regions.
Before submitting an application, please review the following criteria to ensure that you are eligible to apply for this scholarship:
- First year — minimum GPA of 3.5 (UC GPA)
- Transfer student — minimum GPA of 3.25 (transferable coursework)
- Applicant plans to enter UC Davis for Fall 2020 from a high school or community college in California, Oregon or Washington (transfers from UC or CSU are not eligible).
- Applicant demonstrates leadership in extracurricular activities, community activities, employment or personal situations (Thoroughly complete Section V of the UC application).
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen/permanent resident (*USC/LPR/or AB 540 eligible)
- If selected for an interview, applicant must be available on date set by local alumni committee.
- Applicant must be admitted and must return their Student Intent to Register (SIR) before submitting their online application.
- In a separate document, write a one page, 500-800 word essay addressing the following topic: In your opinion, define the three most important characteristics of a leader. What have you personally experienced that demonstrates or exemplifies these three characteristics?
- Save the essay as a word processing document. Make sure to make all of your edits in this document, no changes to your essay can be made once it is uploaded to the application system.
- Complete the online application using your UC Davis login information.
- To set up a UC Davis Login ID (username) and password (passphrase), please go here: https://myadmissions.ucdavis.edu/applicants.
- The online application is protected by DUO, UC Davis’s Multi-Factor Authentication system. You can enroll in DUO once you have submitted your statement of intent to register. Once you have enrolled in DUO, you will be able to submit your application.
- Copy the final version of your essay from your word processing document and paste it into the field provided in the online application. Do not worry about spacing. It will be entered as plain text.
- Submit your application. Once you submit your application, no changes to your essay or your information can be made.
- No letters of reference are needed. If they are received, they will not be reviewed.
- Application closes May 11, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. PST (Please note, this is an updated, extended deadline).
For more information about financial aid and a list of outside agencies and their scholarship opportunities please visit UC Davis Admissions.