The Chicanx Latinx Alumni Association (CLAA) is an alumni network within the Cal Aggie Alumni Association (CAAA) that supports UC Davis students through mentorship and volunteerism. In 2017, CLAA created an award to help students with their financial needs and to enhance their experience while attending UC Davis. Second, third, fourth year, graduate and professional students are encouraged to apply through the scholarship form by November 20, 2020.
Before submitting your application, please review the following criteria to ensure that you are eligible to apply for this scholarship:
- Must be a currently enrolled full-time second, third, fourth year, graduate, transfer or professional students are eligible to apply for this award at UC Davis and in good standing.
- Must have demonstrated leadership in student organizations, clubs, community activities, employment, and/or personal situations.
- Has not been a recipient of the Chicanx Latinx Alumni Association Student Award in prior years.
- Have a current FAFSA or California Dream Act on file with the UC Davis Financial Aid Office.
- Priority will be given to students based on financial need.
Applicants who apply may be eligible to receive a $1,000 award for the Winter 2021 quarter.
- Complete the online application by November 20, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
- Before starting your application, answer the questions below on a separate word processing document. Make sure to make all of your edits in this document, no changes to your essay can be made once it is submitted to the application system. You will be asked to copy and paste your answers into the online application. Questions ‘a’ through ‘c’ should be a maximum of 1500 characters for each answer. Question ‘d’ should be a maximum of 3750 characters.
a. Describe how your leadership experience has helped you to define your educational and career goals. (1500 characters)
b. Using at least two examples, tell us how you have contributed to the support of Chicanx Latinx students at UC Davis. Examples could include involvement in student organizations, clubs, community activities, employment or personal situations, etc. (1500 characters)
c. Please describe the current financial hardships you are facing as you work towards completing your degree. (1500 characters)
d. Compose a one page letter to an incoming Chicano Latino student describing how you used the resources on and off campus to help you adapt to the academic and social environment at UC Davis. How would you advise this student to prepare for the challenges that lie ahead? (3750 characters)
For questions related to this scholarship, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.