The Chicanx Latinx Alumni Association (CLAA) is an alumni network within the Cal Aggie Alumni Association (CAAA) that supports UC Davis students through mentorship and volunteerism. In 2017, CLAA created a scholarship award to help students with their financial needs and to enhance their experience while attending UC Davis. Second, third, fourth year, graduate and professional students are encouraged to apply.
Before submitting your application, please review the following criteria to ensure that you are eligible to apply for this scholarship:
- Must be a currently enrolled full-time student at UC Davis having completed a minimum of 39 college units completed.
- Must have demonstrated leadership in student organizations, clubs, community activities, employment, and/or personal situations.
- Priority will be given to students based on financial need.
Applicants who apply may be eligible to receive a $1,000 scholarship award for the spring 2019 quarter.
Download the application here and follow the instructions below.
- Fill out application with personal contact information.
- Please submit a copy of your MyAwards budget page in order to establish financial need/eligibility.
- Answer the following questions, using 12 point Times New Roman font, double spaced.
- Questions ‘a’ through ‘c’ should be a maximum of 200 words each. Question ‘d’ should be a maximum of 500 words.
a. Describe how your leadership experience has helped you to define your educational and career goals.
b. Using at least two examples, tell us how you have contributed to the support of Chicanx Latinx students at UC Davis. Examples could include involvement in student organizations, clubs, community activities, employment or personal situations, etc.
c. Please describe the current financial hardships you are facing as you work towards completing your degree.
d. On a separate piece of paper, compose a one page letter to an incoming Chicano Latino student describing how you used the resources on and off campus to help you adapt to the academic and social environment at UC Davis. How would you advise this student to prepare for the challenges that lie ahead?
Send your completed application and documents to email@example.com by January 22, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
For questions related to this scholarship, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.