The Cal Aggie Lambda Alumni Association (Lambda) is an alumni network within the Cal Aggie Alumni Association (CAAA) that supports UC Davis students through giving mentorship and volunteerism. In 2012, Lambda created a scholarship award to help students with their financial needs and to enhance their experience while attending UC Davis. Second, third, fourth year, graduate and professional students are encouraged to apply by November 20. 2020.
Before submitting your application, please review the criteria to ensure your eligibility:
- Must be a currently enrolled full time student at UC Davis having completed a minimum of 39 college units.
- Must have demonstrated leadership in student organizations, clubs, community activities, employment and/or personal situations.
- Priority will be given to students based on financial need.
- Must be receiving financial aid such as loans, work study or have “unmet” need.
- Applicants who apply may be eligible to receive a $1,000 scholarship award during the 2020-2021 school year.
Follow the instructions below to apply.
- Fill out biographical information.
- Please submit a copy of your MyAwards budget page in order to establish financial need/eligibility.
- Write up to a 2000 character essay describing how your leadership experiences have helped you to define your education and career goals at UC Davis. This essay should include your responses to the following questions:
- Using at least two examples, tell us how you have contributed to the support of LGBTQ+ students at UC Davis. Examples: involvement in student organizations, clubs, community activities, employment or personal situations, etc.
- Please describe the current financial hardships you are facing as you work towards completing your degree.
- On a separate piece of paper (and up to an additional 2000 character essay), compose a letter to an incoming LGBTQIA student describing how you used the resources on and off campus to help you adapt to the academic and social environment at UC Davis. How would you advise this student to prepare for the challenges that lie ahead?
For questions related to this scholarship, contact email@example.com.