The UC Davis Parent and Family Council is a group of parent and family member volunteers who are committed to improving the quality of the university experience for the entire UC Davis community.
Applications are closed for the 2023-2024 Parent Council; now accepting applications for the 2024-2025 Parent Council.
We are currently accepting applications for the 2024-2025 Parent Council. Applications will be reviewed in February 2024 for next academic year. Questions? Contact email@example.com.
2022 - 2023 Aggie Parent and Family Association Parent Council Leadership
President: Dave Richardson
Vice President: Rajan Seriampalayam
Events Committee Chairs: Richard Castelo Sr. and Thomas Yih
Outreach Committee Chair: Peter Shih
Communications Chair: Lauren Rosen Yeazel
Social Media Chair: David Spence Barton, Jr.
Scholarship Reader and Chair: Marilyn Geller
Selection Committee Chair: Sophie Tsang
Council members contribute by engaging with the university in numerous ways such as:
- Facilitate communication and representing the interests of Aggie parents by sharing their opinions, concerns and feedback with university representatives. Increase parent engagement at university-sponsored campus and regional events.
- Discuss issues impacting the student experience at UC Davis and make unified recommendations as needed to Parent and Family Programs.
- Attend at least two meetings per academic year, one in conjunction with Parent & Family Weekend (fall quarter) and one in conjunction with Picnic Day (spring quarter).
- Promote the mission and activities of UC Davis among personal and professional contacts and networks.
- Participate in volunteer opportunities and serve as UC Davis ambassadors throughout the year, including at Orientations and Aggie Welcomes, Move-In Day, Parent and Family Weekend, Picnic Day and regional events.
- Welcome new parents in your geographic area.
- Assist with regional parent receptions and admitted student events.
- Assist and advise the university in strategies to engage parents in important volunteer roles.
- Council members are strongly encouraged, but not required, to make an annual gift to UC Davis.
- Council members are asked to encourage other parents to volunteer.
- Serve a two-year term of service, with the option of a second two-year term.