The UC Davis Parent and Family Council is a group of parent and family member volunteers who are committed to improving the quality of the university experience for the entire UC Davis community.
Applications are open for the 2023-2024 Parent Council
We are currently accepting applications for the 2023-2024 Parent Council; applications for the 2022-2023 council have closed. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021 - 2022 Aggie Parent and Family Association Parent Council Leadership
President: Dave Richardson
Vice President: Clarissa Hsu
Events Committee Chairs: Bobbie Morrison & Kristi Rossi
Scholarship Committee Chair: Jean Seguerre
Selection Committee Chair: Sophie Tsang
Council members contribute by engaging with the university in numerous ways such as:
- Facilitate communication and representing the interests of Aggie parents by sharing their opinions, concerns and feedback with university representatives. Increase parent engagement at university-sponsored campus and regional events.
- Discuss issues impacting the student experience at UC Davis and make unified recommendations as needed to Parent and Family Programs.
- Attend at least two meetings per academic year, one in conjunction with Parent & Family Weekend (fall quarter) and one in conjunction with Picnic Day (spring quarter).
- Promote the mission and activities of UC Davis among personal and professional contacts and networks.
- Participate in volunteer opportunities and serve as UC Davis ambassadors throughout the year, including at Orientations and Aggie Welcomes, Move-In Day, Parent and Family Weekend, Picnic Day and regional events.
- Welcome new parents in your geographic area.
- Assist with regional parent receptions and admitted student events.
- Assist and advise the university in strategies to engage parents in important volunteer roles.
- Council members are strongly encouraged, but not required, to make an annual gift to UC Davis.
- Council members are asked to encourage other parents to volunteer.
- Make follow-up calls to thank parents for their contributions to the Parents Fund.
- Serve a two-year term of service, with the option of a second two-year term.